Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


What it's about: (From amazon.com) "Mara Dyer doesn't believe life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong."

What I thought: I was pretty excited to read this. It looked dark, mysterious, and creepy. And it was. But I have really mixed feelings about this book... There were a few moments where I was like, "Oh my gosh this book is so crazy good!" But then it would turn into this Twilight-y, sappy, this-guy-is-so-perfect-how-could-I-ever-be-good-enough story. I think this would definitely appeal to teens who liked Twilight or the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, but I thought it lacked the depth and originality to captivate me the way I was expecting. I'll probably read the sequels just to satisfy my curiosity... maybe it will get better? Ha.

My feelings? Ehh.

No comments:

Post a Comment